Re: cannot execute binary file

On 12/16/2013 09:39 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 7:32 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:

>>> If you provide a "minus c" option, it will work:
>>>
>>> C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -h always -e /bin/bash -l -c ls
>>>

>> I just tried it with -c and all it gives you is a totally blank window.
>>
>> Tried a bunch of other commands using the -c and same thing.  Just a blank window.
>
> In that case, there's something in your installation that isn't quite right.
> The above suggestion resolves the issue you described just fine for me.  If
> you're still experiencing the problem when you use the '-c' flag and need to
> consult with the list further on this issue, I recommend following the
> problem reporting guidelines found at the link below with your next message:
>
>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html

I just got finished installing Cygwin on another machine and this time the -c does work.  So I went back and looked at
the original machine.  There are 2 cygwin installations on that machine in different directories. I had forgotten that
Cygwin got installed a while back on this machine to support some app that needed it.  So somehow having 2 different
installations breaks this mintty -e capability.  Does this qualify as a bug?  Is Cygwin supporting 2 independent
installations?