Cannot start rsync as service with cygrunsrv

I install the rsyncd service (without apparent error) using:

cygrunsrv -I "rsyncd" -d "CYGWIN rsyncd" -p /c/cygwin/bin/rsync.exe -a"--config=/c/cygwin/etc/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach" -f "Rsyncd daemon service on Port 873" -e CYGWIN="ntsec" -t manual

Then when I run (as admin): cygrunsrv -S rsyncd, I get the following error
message:
	cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
	The service has not been started.

The Windows event viewer gives the following information:
	The description for Event ID 0 from source rsyncd cannot be
	found. Either the component that raises this event is not
	installed on your local computer or the installation is
	corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local
	computer.

	If the event originated on another computer, the display information
	had to be saved with the event.

	The following information was included with the event:

	rsyncd: PID 5896: `rsyncd' service stopped, exit status: 255

NOTE that I have no trouble starting the rsync daemon manually using the
command line:
		rsync --config=/c/cygwin/etc/rsyncd.conf --daemon --no-detach

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff