Re: Please try newest snapshot (was Re: emacs-x11: new clipboard size limitation?)

At 2013-12-10 21:40 quoth Jon TURNEY:
On 04/12/2013 22:14, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
Around 2013-12-04 16:59 Jon TURNEY was heard to say:
On 04/12/2013 08:09, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
Am 2013-12-03 22:10, schrieb Christopher Faylor:
I added an ugly hack to work around this symptom in the latest cygwin.
It shouldn't have any big impact on anything but this particular
scenario but I would appreciate it if people downloaded today's snapshot
and verified that things are still working ok.

I plan on addressing the actual problem for Cygwin 1.7.28.

the nightly snapshot does not seem to do me any good with regard to the clipboard problem. I performed the following test, and I hope this is what you
had in mind:

There is also a bug in xwinclip which needs fixing for this test to work reliably, but it was difficult to see what that was without this fix in the
cygwin DLL.

I see. Let me know whenever it makes sense to do any further testing.

I just uploaded X server 1.14.4-2, which should have this fixed.

(With cygwin DLL prior to the nightly snapshot of 2013-12-04, you may see "Spurious wake" recorded in XWin's log, but pasting should still work correctly)

I'm away from my Windows box at work, but I'll make sure to test your new version when I'll be back early next week.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka