Re: cant access to files more than 128 utf-8 symbol long names

On Dec 11 11:04, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
>
> > The problem here is about NAME_MAX.  NAME_MAX is per POSIX[1] the
> > "maximum number of bytes in a filename (not including the terminating
> > null)."
>
> Does this mean that POSIX standard is not compatible with real life?

Are you asking nonsensical questions for fun or did you not read my mail
closely, too?  I made the effort to reply to the OP with a detailed mail
explaining the issue.  I don't understand what this sniding reaction is
supposed to accomplish.  POSIX and Windows are not naturally compatible.
Cygwin tries hard to bridge the gap, but sometimes the gap is really
wide.

But thanks anyway for providing a solution to the problem by setting the
locale environment variables.  That might make a good FAQ entry, *iff*
somebody has the incentive to write one.

Corinna

Red Hat