Re: cant access to files more than 128 utf-8 symbol long names

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> >Sorry if that is frustrating in your current situation, but this
>> >isn't something we can just change at a whim and go ahead. It
>> >would break compatibility with all existing Cygwin executables.
>>
>> Maybe this is something that could be fixed only in the 64-bit version of Cygwin?

> Did you really read my mail?  There is no fix.  You can handle this
> wrongly one way or the other.  If in doubt, I prefer the POSIXly correct
> way.

After off-list discussion, Nikolay partially solved this issue by using
locale-appropriate single-byte encoding in LANG.
In this case,

LANG=ru_RU.CP1251

It is far from a perfect solution, but at least let him access the files
in question.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...