Re: possible missing dependency for python-numpy and proposed fix

On 2013-12-10 20:38, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
After installing numpy I tried importing it in a Python shell.  It
raised an ImportError exception when trying to import lapack_lite.
Lapack_lite.dll existed in the correct location, but running "cygcheck
-c" (as per http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-05/msg00361.html) on it
revealed that it needed libquadmath0 which had not been installed.
Numpy worked fine once I installed the missing libquadmath0
dependency.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Should this dependency be added
to the numpy setup.hint?

Actually, it was libgfortran3 that was missing a dep on libquadmath0, but only on x86. I fixed that on sourceware.

Thanks for the report,

Yaakov