Re: Cygwin, Chris, Corinna - thanks!

On Dec  9 23:13, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 03:42:04AM +0000, Guy Harrison wrote:
> >It has likely been over a decade since Chris blasted me into orbit over
> >something I stuck my head over the parapet for(*).  Corinna I don't
> >think I've ever wrangled with.  Nevertheless, with the New Year
> >beckoning it is about time I acknowledged just how much easier life has
> >been because of them both.
> >
> >I've had a few beers tonight but even so, am I correct in thinking
> >cygwin has been around since windows2000?
>
> Cygwin has been around since at least 1996, which predates me by a year.

First ChangeLog entry of all times:  Oct 18, 1995, Steve Chamberlain.
First cgf ChangeLog entry: Sep 8, 1997.

> Larry Hall would know, I think.  He was here before I was.

And cgf is a year longer here than I am.  First corinna ChangeLog entry:
Sep 23, 1998.  No wonder I have to dye my hair...

> >(*) No can't remember.  Something about FreeCiv.  I wrote a sound
> >kludge.  Chris made me see cygwin "is unix".
> >
> >Anyways, there is no windoze system that I've ever had control of, that
> >I haven't stuck cygwin on.
> >
> >Carry on the good work & Merry Crimbo!
>
> Thanks.
>
> cgf

Yes, thank you very much.  It's nice to get no bug report once in a
while :)

Corinna

Red Hat