Re: Where can I look for an answer to a problem with Cygwin's Perl‏?

On 12/09/2013 06:54 PM, Jim Cant wrote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, this dump() isn't what I need. I need to produce a dump of arbitrary program that has failed somewhere out of my control in the system. The system debugger as specified by the 'AeDebug' registry key needs to get called when the arbitrary programs fails. The system debugger (which I specify in the AeDebug key) get called and passed the PID of the failed program and creates the dump I need by invoking cdb. (cdb.exe is a command line version of WInDbg

My problem is the system never invoked the system debugger in cases where the arbitrary program that fails was launched by Cygwin's version of perl.

I have only two suggestions:

1) please don't top post on this list

2) run gdb and see what causes perl to (not) coredump

But I cannot help wonder if the perl crash on activeperl is intentional.
Have you tried other ports? Native linux does not dump.
Why would it? Dumping any interpreter sounds like a pretty
stupid plan.

Your brother might at this very moment be logging a bug against
activeperl for that particular behaviour.

The only good approach I can think of is to re-define the backticks to
explicitely dump. That is straightforward and possibly even portable.

--
- Bartels