Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.1152-1

Again, what I talk about is NOT an issue of vi vs. vim.
What I talk about is a breaking change in vim that was introduced
while doing a change for vi.
But it is NOT an issue of vi vs. vim.

Here again my original mail:

Hi Yaakov,

I'm wondering that noone mentioned it before, but maybe everyone is
using ~/.vimrc or they were not as puzzled as me and tried to find out
what went wrong.
After updating to your latest vim build 1152, vim started to behave
really unexpected, no syntax coloring, only one undo step and doing
undo again did a redo, ...
In the meantime I found out that your 7.3-virc.patch is the culprit, it replaces

# define SYS_VIMRC_FILE "$VIM/vimrc"

by

# ifdef FEAT_NORMAL
# define SYS_VIMRC_FILE "/etc/vimrc"
# else
# define SYS_VIMRC_FILE "/etc/virc"
# endif

which changes system vimrc file from /etc/vim/vimrc to /etc/vimrc for
normal vim usage.
This way no options are set and vim starts its strange behaviour.

I guess the new block of code should probably more likely be

# ifdef FEAT_NORMAL
# define SYS_VIMRC_FILE "$VIM/vimrc"
# else
# define SYS_VIMRC_FILE "$VIM/virc"