Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated, new for 64-bit: lftp 4.4.11-1

Achim Gratz writes:
> The real mirror script sanitizes the cygwin.lftp script and the sources
> it for the actual mirroring.  The problem is that from version 4.4.10 on
> the cygwin.lftp will include _all_ files encountered by mirror, not just
> the newer and missing ones.

I've spent some time with this over the weekend.  The conditions to
re-produce the bug are slightly more involved, you need to mirror from
more than one server to trigger the bug (as the original script does).

set xfer:clobber
set http:cache off
set mirror:parallel-directories on
mirror -e --parallel=10 -c --delete-first --depth-first --use-cache \
  --script=cygport.lftp \
  http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat.com/cygwinports/x86/release/perl-Socket/ \
  /home/cygwin/mirrortest/ &
mirror -e --parallel=10 -c --delete-first --depth-first --use-cache \
  --script=cygwin.lftp \
  http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86/release/ucl/ \
  /home/cygwin/mirrortest/ &
wait all

After a few false starts (due to an unrelated bug fixed in 147f4b1de6
that hides the target bug) I've bisected it down to f2f2bb91e4, which is
unfortunately too large a change for me to make out what happens.  I
can't reproduce this on Linux.

The lftp mailing list is seemingly down, so I've sent the bug report
directly to the maintainer in the hope for a fix.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: