Re: C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

On Dec  4 17:41, bartels wrote:
On Dec  4 14:53, bartels wrote:
On 12/04/2013 02:11 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
Il 12/4/2013 1:35 PM, bartels ha scritto:
On 12/04/2013 01:23 PM, marco atzeri wrote:

I am looking for the cause of the problem, so that I know how to prevent
it.
Or is the only answer to simply run rebaseall after installation?
usually yes
If that is the case, then why is it not part of the installation?
currently, it is part of the installation

    /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat.done

$ cygcheck -f /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat
_autorebase-000444-1
Your attached cygcheck output claims something else.  The rebase version
should be updated to 4.4.1 as well.
Don't think there is a mismatch: that output was Marco's, not mine.
Unless I misunderstand . . .
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-12/msg00085.html was your mail, so it's
kind of hard to imagine that the attached cygcheck output was Marco's.
Check the version numbers.  It's _autorebase-000425-1 and rebase-4.4.0-1
in the cygcheck output.

Okay, I see. It takes a cygwin expert to spot that one.
No way I could tell that those two should match somehow.

Ah, that is an interesting one:

$ rebase -si
rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.i386":
No such file or directory
...this here means that rebase never created the database, which in turn
could point to rebase crashing or not having sufficient privileges on
/etc.  Something like that.

What happens if you stop all Cygwin processes, including any service
you installed, then start dash, make sure you're in /bin, and then
call `./rebaseall -p'.  Any helpful output?
How about this; sure looks like something is wrong:

./rebaseall -p
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
Yes, something is wrong.  Looks like you removed the /etc/setup
directory or the contents of that dir.  The content is created and
maintained by the setup installer and rebaseall needs the information.
Don't play games with the files under /etc unless you want to break
your installation.

It was never the idea to break the installation :)
But, evidently, I did botch my bundle, so to speak.

Rebase is fine now; all I get is this harmless (?) message:

/usr/lib/perl5/5.14/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/CORE/cygperl5_14_2.dll: skipped because nonexistent.

Nonexistent is not the whole truth: it's just a dangling symlink.
Sibling cygperl5_14.dll is fine
Is that a bug or my doing?

Thanks for your (plural, including Marco) most excellent help.

-- - Bartels