Re: C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

On Dec  4 17:41, bartels wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 03:23 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >Your attached cygcheck output claims something else.  The rebase version
> >should be updated to 4.4.1 as well.
>
> Don't think there is a mismatch: that output was Marco's, not mine.
> Unless I misunderstand . . .

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-12/msg00085.html was your mail, so it's
kind of hard to imagine that the attached cygcheck output was Marco's.
Check the version numbers.  It's _autorebase-000425-1 and rebase-4.4.0-1
in the cygcheck output.

> >Ah, that is an interesting one:
> >
> >$ rebase -si
> >rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.i386":
> >No such file or directory
> >...this here means that rebase never created the database, which in turn
> >could point to rebase crashing or not having sufficient privileges on
> >/etc.  Something like that.
> >
> >What happens if you stop all Cygwin processes, including any service
> >you installed, then start dash, make sure you're in /bin, and then
> >call `./rebaseall -p'.  Any helpful output?
>
> How about this; sure looks like something is wrong:
>
> ./rebaseall -p
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Yes, something is wrong.  Looks like you removed the /etc/setup
directory or the contents of that dir.  The content is created and
maintained by the setup installer and rebaseall needs the information.
Don't play games with the files under /etc unless you want to break
your installation.

Corinna

Red Hat