Re: C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

On Dec  4 14:53, bartels wrote:
On 12/04/2013 02:11 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
Il 12/4/2013 1:35 PM, bartels ha scritto:
On 12/04/2013 01:23 PM, marco atzeri wrote:

I am looking for the cause of the problem, so that I know how to prevent
it.
Or is the only answer to simply run rebaseall after installation?
usually yes
If that is the case, then why is it not part of the installation?
currently, it is part of the installation

    /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat.done

$ cygcheck -f /etc/postinstall/autorebase.bat
_autorebase-000444-1
Your attached cygcheck output claims something else.  The rebase version
should be updated to 4.4.1 as well.

Don't think there is a mismatch: that output was Marco's, not mine.
Unless I misunderstand . . .

Ah, that is an interesting one:

$ rebase -si
rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.i386":
No such file or directory
...this here means that rebase never created the database, which in turn
could point to rebase crashing or not having sufficient privileges on
/etc.  Something like that.

What happens if you stop all Cygwin processes, including any service
you installed, then start dash, make sure you're in /bin, and then
call `./rebaseall -p'.  Any helpful output?

How about this; sure looks like something is wrong:

./rebaseall -p
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Thing is that I need to work with a fixed collection of packages.
The rolling release offered by the installer is fine, but not exactly
suited for a controlled release to an unsuspecting user.

So, perhaps I made a mistake, or there is some unfortunate combination of versions.

Anyway, I will upgrade my collection bundle and try again.
Unless the error message immediately rings a bell for you . . .

Thanks,

-- Bartels