Re: C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll: Loaded to different address

On 12/04/2013 01:23 PM, marco atzeri wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Please note that I understand that the ad-hoc solution is to run rebaseall.

Unfortunately, that is not always possible.

why ?
Tricky sometime, but possible always.

Well, not exactly impossible, but these are production machines that belong to a customer.
It is not practical to ask them to kill all processes and run rebaseall when this happens.
Not to mention that there should be a tracker process reporting the issue in the first place.

I am looking for the cause of the problem, so that I know how to prevent
it.
Or is the only answer to simply run rebaseall after installation?

usually yes

If that is the case, then why is it not part of the installation?

I do not understand why it happens on the one Windows 7 machine and not the other.

- - Bartels