Re: I'm trying to get ProFTPD installed, and I can't seem to pull down the package from the Cygwin repositories

Il 12/1/2013 1:09 AM, Katherine Moss ha scritto:
I'd do that if the setup program were more accessible. And by the way, chocolateydepends on the use of Cygwin setup in order to install Cygwin programs
from the command line; my preferred way considering I use screen readers as assistive technology and the Cygwin setup program is only accessible on the most basic level; that is, only the most basic functionality is able to be interpreted and red properly by a screen reader. The rest would require sighted assistance for me if it weren't for Cyg-Get and Chocolatey.

Ok, you forgot to highlight that, and it was not my first thought.
This is clearly a weakness of the current setup implementation.

As basic install

  setup-x86.exe -P proftpd -q

should install the package you are looking for, without the need
of additional software.
It works for me, just tested.

I suggest to contact the chocolatey/cyg-get team
to check any problem on their side

Marco