Re: gcc-4.8.2-1: /bin/gcc fails

On Nov  5 11:02, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >On Nov  4 20:18, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> >>Under the circumstances, configuring inetutils with
> >>--libexecdir=/usr/sbin makes the most sense.
> >
> >Full ACK.  Otherwise you'd have to provide some script which tweaks an
> >existing /etc/inetd.conf to use the new paths.  Possible, but hardly
> >worth the effort.
>
> That's fine for me, but the other servers, maintained by others [1],
> which may or may not by started by inetd/xinetd would also need to
> configure as --libexecdir=/usr/sbin, or THEY would need to tweak
> configurations.
>
> This seems...counter-intuitive. "cygwin follows the LSB and <the
> stuff> goes in /usr/libexec, except when it's too hard so there is
> the following list of exceptions...."  Is that the policy going
> forward?

I can't exactly read Yaakov's brain, but to me the idea here is to
keep the changes for the *user* small and working even after an
update, rather than following the guidelines slavishly.

> I wasn't planning to auto-update config scripts. I was going to
> update the /etc/default/* scripts [2], and then WARN IN BIG LETTERS
> in the announcement that folks will need to manually merge the
> changes if they've modified their configuration files.  I know
> nobody will read it, but when the inevitable queries reach the
> mailing list I'll be able to point to the ANNOUNCE post.
>
> [1] rsh-server, tftp-server, etc.

rsh-server is your package.

tftp-server *explicitely* installes into /usr/sbin aka --sbindir.

sshd is installed into sbindir as well, btw., and not only on Cygwin,
but upstream.

Looks like there should nothing change, in fact.

Corinna

Red Hat