[Solved] Re: Unable to compile python 3.3 [Was: Re: Python 3.3 coming soon?]

On 15/10/2013 9:49 AM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 14/10/2013 11:28 PM, nu774 wrote:
Installing libffi-devel will let python pick system libffi, so you can skip that libffi building part you are currently stuck.
Thanks for the hint.

Everything compiles, and I was able to create a binary package (though the test target fails, see below).

Now to figure out how to make setup.exe see it...
OK, I got it installed. The procedure (inefficient but simple enough):
- copy the package files into my local package directory
- manually hack the corresponding setup.ini to point at the new files and their checksums
- run setup.exe to install from local directory

This isn't a permanent solution, because setup.ini gets clobbered every time I connect to a mirror, and setup will try to downgrade me back to the official python3 package.

Meanwhile, though, a cursory test suggests that everything is working:

$ python3
Python 3.3.2 (default, Oct 15 2013, 09:21:45)
[GCC 4.8.1] on cygwin
>>> 3+5
8
>>> {1:3, 4:5}
{1: 3, 4: 5}

The cygport files and patches I sent before remain unchanged and would probably make a good starting point for the python3 maintainer's next release, though the si_band issue has yet to be worked out in a good way.

Thanks,
Ryan