Re: 1.7.25: problem with the cd command in ksh

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 06:44:56PM +0200, Francis ANDRE wrote:
>Hi
>
>Andrey
>
>Le 07/10/2013 11:54, Andrey Repin a ?crit :
>> Greetings, Francis ANDRE!
>>
>>> Can I have a official statement from Cygwin about this? ie that bash is
>>> supporting MS-DOX path by accident and ksh won't and that is not a requirement
>>> of Cygwin?
>>> Or
>>> Can Cygwin adds the understanding of absolute DOS path as a requirement and fix
>>> the ksh stuff?
>> That's a weird request, to say the least.
>> Why not fix your script instead? It's all wrong, from the way it handle
>> variable values, to the way it handle paths.
>> And from my understanding of it, YOU prepending the path manually.
>> And you dare complain?
>Hold on Andrey, the script is not mine, it is a tool provided by Sun for making
>easier the integration of diff from mercurial. I am just a user that want to
>make it running. I just change all cd by kcd() by that does not work neither

Regardless of who created the script, we are not going to change Cygwin.
As I said, the whole point of Cygwin is to avoid the use of
Window/MS-DOS things like C:\foo.  Specifically patching programs like ksh
to handle MS-DOS paths is not something that makes sense in that context.

cgf