RE: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)

Frédéric Bron sent the following at Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:07 AM
>I would like to run setup64.exe on Windows 7 without asking for admin
>rights but the computer asks me for admin credentials. I read this:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-06/msg00286.html where Corinna
>suggested to rename the .exe to foo.exe but this did not work. I also do
>not have the rights to modify the Local Security Policy.
>
>Is there any workaround? Would it be possible to supply a setup that do
>not need admin privileges?

Try *copying* setup64.exe to foo.exe.  Or download it again but save it
with the name foo.exe.

Windows may be remembering that the file used to be called setup*.exe.
That memory might not get copied.

For what it's worth, I think that setup should be renamed to something like
getcygwin just to avoid this issue.

- Barry