Re: mingw/math.h not found while compiling R packages

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I'll try to make things clearer.

I have a full installation of Cygwin, including R version 2.15.1,
running on my Windows XP box at work.
Bioconductor [1] is a a collection of packages for computational
biologists that is installed by compiling its packages within the R
environment.
To install the base packages (and reproduce what I believe is a bug),
one just has to type at the R prompt:

>source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R";)
>biocLite()

During the compilation of the IRanges package [2], I get the following error:

> In file included from IntervalTree.c:3:0:
> common.h:59:24: fatal error: mingw/math.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> /usr/lib/R/etc/Makeconf:121: recipe for target `IntervalTree.o' failed
> make: *** [IntervalTree.o] Error 1
> ERROR: compilation failed for package =91IRanges=92

So, apparently, R needs the math.h library to compile IRanges but
can't find it for some reason.
As far as I understand, in Cygwin, math.h is provided by the
mingw-runtime package, part of the MinGW suite [3].
According to this page [4] on the Cygwin website, math.h is indeed
installed by the mingw-runtime package, so I'm trying to figure out
why R can't access it. Maybe it's a path or symbolic links-related
problem? Maybe it has to do with the recently mentioned issues
affecting MinGW packages in Cygwin [5]?

Any help is very appreciated, thank you.

[1] http://www.bioconductor.org
[2] http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/html/IRanges.html
[3] http://www.mingw.org/
[4] http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=mingw-runtime%2Fmingw-runtime-3.18-3&grep=math.h