Re: Where is getclip?

On 6/19/2013 10:16 AM, Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:06:49 -0400 Charles Wilson wrote:
On 6/19/2013 9:59 AM, Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:
Is that intended?

Yes. Install cygutils-extra. See:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2013-06/msg00007.html

Thanks for the quick reply, I found it.  Nevertheless, all I did was updating
> cygwin and suddenly installed stuff was gone.  Not funny.

Ordinarily, package splits such as this one would ALSO incorporate modifications to the package requirements list, so that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

That is, the "slimmed down" cygutils package would 'require:' the cygutils-extra and cygutils-x11 packages, so that anybody who previously had the "old, fat" cygutils package installed would automatically get the two new packages, as part of the upgrade -- and would so no visible changes in their installation.

However, the purpose of this package split was specifically to *cut down* on the default installation footprint of cygutils -- because several elements in the 'Base' category require cygutils (specifically, they required mkshortcut, readshortcut, and cygstart). Thus, in THIS case, we could NOT do the "normal" thing in manipulating the requirements specifications.

Which means..."I updated cygwin and suddenly installed stuff was gone". There just wasn't any better solution available.

Sorry for the trouble.

--
Chuck