Re: [TEST] sqlite3-3.7.17-1 (Cygwin 1.7.19 locking feature)

On 6/3/2013 1:11 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> This is a big-push attempt at a version of Cygwin SQLite that will make
> everyone happy (ha!) whether they want POSIX advisory locking behavior
> or Windows mandatory locking behavior.  My part of the effort is being
> stubborn on this point and doing the basic testing and packaging.  The
> real magic was added by Corinna to yesterday's 1.7.19 cygwin1.dll snapshot.

Thank you (and thank you Corinna!) for all your hard work and
perseverance with this issue.

Unfortunately...

> - By default, it requests mandatory locking using the feature added in
> yesterday's Cygwin 1.7.19 snapshot.  This should make it cooperate with
> native Windows programs also using SQLite despite running in Unix mode.
>
> - This mandatory-locks-by-default feature of this SQLite build can be
> disabled by setting the new CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING environment variable
> to "posix".

... initial results with the Subversion test suite (for 1.8.0-rc2) show
that most tests fail with a "sqlite: database is locked (S5)" error
unless CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING=posix.

The good news is that the test cases that relied on temporary tables are
now passing.

I'll try the 1.7.10 test suite shortly and report back on the results,
although I expect them to be the same.

Water, taken in moderation cannot hurt anybody.
                -- Mark Twain