Re: Fwd: getting the right setup.bz2

On 3/10/2013 9:16 AM, Paul King wrote:
I downloaded a Cygwin repository using "wget -r -T 30 -t 20 -nc  ", and I
seem to be having trouble with setup.bz2. When I use it, I get the packages
listed, but the top level tree in the package selection window (in setup)
says "no packages found".  The packages are listed beneath it anyway.

Without setup.bz2, I don't get the error, but everything is listed under
"Misc".

Do I need to generate my own setup.bz2 for what I downloaded, and how do I
do this?
Is there a guide specifying what setup is

Note that I already have a working Cygwin installation. I wanted to make
another installation on another computer, and going via the normal setup.exe
route thorough an FTP site led to too many stalled/aborted downloads.

Did you try a different mirror? Usually this symptom is specific to a mirror. When it is not, it is often an indication of something in between getting in the way (firewall, caching server, etc.).

If you just want to download all the packages to a local directory and
install from there, you don't need a setup.ini (setup.bz2) file.

--
Larry