Re: Shouldn't gcc-4 depend on libmpfr4 ?

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> No, the dependency is correct, but, oh well, that's something which
> shouldn't happen.  cc1 is linked against libmpc1, which in turn is
> linked against libmpfr1, while cc1 is directly linked against libmpfr4.

Ah.  Thanks for catching that.

> David? Any chance to create a new mpclib package which fixes this
> dependency problem?

I have preliminary new-style cygport files for gmp, mpfr and mpc if it helps
anybody.  Still fighting with some autotools issue (should be solved, fingers
crossed) on gmp and I need to look into a test build failure for mpfr.

It looks like libmfpr1 could be made obsolete after the new package has been
deployed.

Regards,
Achim.