Re: broken links in commit messages? (Re: src/winsup/cygserver ChangeLog.64bit)

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  1 12:20, VÃclav Zeman wrote:
>> On 1 March 2013 11:39,  wrote:
>> > CVSROOT:        /cvs/src
>> > Module name:    src
>> > Branch:         cygwin-64bit-branch
>> > Changes by:     corinna@sourceware.org  2013-03-01 10:39:51
>> >
>> > Modified files:
>> >         winsup/cygserver: ChangeLog.64bit
>> >
>> > Log message:
>> >         * client.cc: Revert changes to handle 32 bit processes on 64 bit
>> >         systems.
>> >         * sysv_msg.cc: Ditto.
>> >         * sysv_sem.cc: Ditto.
>> >         * sysv_shm.cc: Ditto.
>> >
>> > Patches:
>> > http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/ChangeLog.64bit.diff?cvsroot=src&only_with_tag=cygwin-64bit-branch&r1=1.1.2.6&r2=1.1.2.7
>> >
>> Recently, I am not able to open the diffs through links in commit
>> messages. For the one above, I get redirected to
>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff
>> and I get error "Error:
>> src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff: no such file or
>> directory".
>
> This seems to occur only with files in the Attic (for instance, files in
> the branch which don't exist in HEAD.  Unfortunately I don't know how
> the cvs mails are generated.  Interestingly, you can access the diff
> from the cvsweb interface:
>
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygserver/Attic/ChangeLog.64bit.diff?r1=1.1.2.6&r2=1.1.2.7&cvsroot=src&only_with_tag=cygwin-64bit-branch
>

> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat

Looks like the urls in the diff url is missing the Attic folder in the
path location for files in Attic.  When this happens the server is
redirecting but isn't preserving the POST vars at the end of the url
hence the file not found.  Adding Attic/ to the path location behind
cygserver in the original url avoided the redirect. So it is safe to
say that cvsweb needed the POST vars but I have no idea why they are
being discarded during the redirect.

P.S. - I apologize if anything I just stated is obvious.

Robert Pendell
A perfect world is one of chaos.