Re: Installer Progress Reporting

On 2/23/2013 12:43 AM, daryl@daryllee.com wrote:
I'm installing Cygwin on about my 10th machine and I just noticed
something I've never noticed before.  Besides the graphical progress
bars there is a percentage in the title bar.  In my case, it is now up
to 184%.  I kinda expected it to run u to 100% and then the installation
would be done.  What should I expect the maximum to be, so I'll be able
to plan the rest of my weekend?  FWIW, I selected a full install, since
I'm using it for teaching purposes, and I never know what questions I'll
be asked.

to install everything takes "a lot of" time. Specially the postinstall steps of all the texlive packages is time hungry.

similar story not so time ago:

A better solution, IMHO, was to install only base as first step,
and add whatever argument you could need for your teaching as
second step.

We know about the >100% glitch in setup and if I am not wrong
has been solved for the next release that will be deployed.
Sometime ago the full cygwin size overcome a 32bit size counter.

Regards
Marco