Re: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status?

On 2/5/2013 12:51, Achim Gratz wrote:
SQLite implements a
retry-on-failure, complete with exponentially increasing backoff times.

Thanks for the investigative reporting. :)

From my perspective, though, I have a new problem, which is scraping together enough free time to set up the SQLite test suite on a machine here and set it to grinding, so I can exonerate the recent .15.1 build. (This in response to David's report that the .15.1 builds cause Cygwin svn to fail *its* test suite.)

Until someone does that, even with a POSIX exponential backoff patch in hand, I still can't move forward because I don't know if I'm just trading one problem for another.

I'm also not entirely sure it's kosher for Cygwin SQLite to have exponential lock retry backoffs when the Linux build doesn't. And as I've said before, I haven't yet had any luck getting D. Richard Hipp to pay attention to even trivial patches to SQLite. If that continues, it means Cygwin SQLite would be different in this way if I apply the patch to my package builds.