Re: snapshot 2013-01-23

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I can't duplicate this with a simple "git pull".  Could you provide the
> exact sequence of steps needed to duplicate the problem?

In origin, roll back and then advance HEAD (by rewriting or amending some
commits), then try to pull this in the downstream repo so that it needs to do a
forced update.  The downstream repo is on an FS that I have to mount with
"noacl" because I am not allowed to change any ACL there:

//server/repo on /mnt/repo type netapp (binary,noacl,user,bind)

The hang apparently happens when the HEAD rewind is about to happen.

Originally I couldn't even read the ACL on that volume, but it seems that this
has been changed that I complained about it.  IT did tell me they'd do nothing,
but it looks they changed their mind, without telling me of course.  This change
must have happened quite recently and it is quite possible that this was when
the failures started (which did not happen again since I've changed the Git
config to include filemode=false for this repo).

Anyway, I now think it's not related to any snapshot, even if it might warrant
further investigation.

Regards,
Achim.