 From: marco atzeri-4 [via Cygwin] <ml-node+s1069669n95753h87@n5.nabble.com>
To: misterblinky <misterblinky@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: sshd service will not start on Windows 7

On 1/29/2013 9:04 PM, Bernd Prager wrote:
> On 1/29/2013 2:14 PM, misterblinky wrote:
>> I installed cygwin on my windows 7 64-bit machine with openSSH and
>> openSSL,
>> nothing else.

> Open Windows User Manager and check if cyg_server is in the
> Administrators group.
> My sshd does not start without this privilege.
> Also I get a better error message if I do "net start sshd".
>
> Try it. Good luck.
> -- Bernd

these are the rights needed by cyg_server and set by ssh-host-config

editrights -u cyg_server -a SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
editrights -u cyg_server -a SeCreateTokenPrivilege
editrights -u cyg_server -a SeTcbPrivilege
editrights -u cyg_server -a SeServiceLogonRight
editrights -u cyg_server -a SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege

sometime in Domain the policy reset them for security reason

--
Problem reports: Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/faq/

NAML