Re: Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

On 01/23/2013 12:26 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:20:20PM -0500, Tom Honermann wrote:
However, just as I was about to give up testing, I hit one more new
issue.  One of the ctrl-c events sent bash into what appeared to be an
infinite loop emitting error messages like these:

11408974 [unknown (0x144C)] bash 1752 exception::handle: Error while
dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
11411584 [unknown (0x144C)] bash 1752 exception::handle: Error while
dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

While this was going on, hitting ctrl-c had no discernible effect.  I
resorted to killing the process via task manager.

This only occurred once, I wasn't able to get it to happen again.

Was there a stackdump?

Unfortunately no. And I should have grabbed a stack trace, but I didn't.

I tried to reproduce again today using the same snapshot (20130123), but didn't have any luck.

I see you checked in a change to detect the infinite recursion. I'd call that good enough.

I didn't encounter any further anomalies that I can positively attribute to Cygwin. I did encounter a few that I suspect are cmd.exe issues that I'll report below. I'm only reporting these for the curious, I am not requesting any action be taken with regard to these.

1) Some times a ctrl-C was ignored. I would see ^C echoed to the console, but the test case would keep running without prompting to "Terminate batch job".

2) Some times cmd.exe would issue an error message about a syntax error in the .bat file following pressing ctrl-C and all processes would exit without prompting to "Terminate batch job".

Thank you for your prompt attention to all of these issues Chris! I find it very impressive how responsive the Cygwin maintainers are to reports like these!

Tom.