Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)

Thanks for highlighting the issue.

On 12/6/12 1:00 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 12/6/2012 1:47 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Ken Brown writes:
>>> emacs-w32 shouldn't require dbus-daemon, as far as I know.  This
>>> sounds like a bug.  Could you give me a specific recipe for
>>> reproducing the problem?
>>
>> Just make sure Cygwin has cleanly terminated, then open a mintty (I use
>> tcsh if that has a bearing on this bug) and start emacs-w32 from it.
>> Toggle the menu bar if it's not already on an select File->Open from
>> it.
>> Open another mintty and try to kill the hanging emacs process from it.

Works fine for me, albeit using kill -9, not regular kill. What
exactly do you see? According to a message upthread, Emacs hangs hard
any time you try to open a dialog box. Can you please attach gdb to
Emacs when it's in this state and get a backtrace?

If these problems persist, my first instinct would be to not support
dbus in cygw32 builds of Emacs. People mostly use dbus to integrate
components of a Unixish desktop environment, and I imagine users of
cygw32 want to use Cygwin Emacs as part of a Windowsish desktop
environment, which uses USER32 facilities to do what other
environments do with dbus.