Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)

> Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
> > Thanks to the efforts of Daniel Colascione, there is also a new package
> >
> > *** emacs-w32-24.2.90-1,
> >
> > again a test release, for users who want to use the native Windows GUI
> > for display.

I've encountered only one problem so far:

If I start emacs-w32 from a mintty without launching dbus-daemon first and use
any command that should bring up a dialog box, then Emacs hangs up hard and
can't even be killed from Cygwin.  You have to end its misery from the task
manager (the Gtk build will also hang up on you in a slightly different way
after you close the dialog box it has shown).  I believe this is related to pipe
handling as you'll get messages about broken pipes sometimes.

Anyway, since it's not obvious that and why emacs-w32 would need dbus to
function I thought I should mention it here.  I would prefer if it was only
needed for the Gtk build, otherwise I'll have to come up with a wrapper script
that ensures dbus is started.

Regards,
Achim.