Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)

On 12/2/2012 6:35 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote:
In this release, for the first time, I've been able to build Cygwin's
emacs-X11 with all of the upstream defaults.  In particular, the build uses
GTK+-3 instead of GTK+-2, and it supports GNOME's GSettings and GConf
features.  A minor consequence of this is that you might see a GTK warning
about gtk_window_parse_geometry; this can be ignored.  A more important
consequence is that you should have a D-Bus session daemon running before
starting emacs under X11.  The simplest way to achieve this is to put the
following line at the beginning of your ~/.startxwinrc file:

eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax`

See /usr/share/doc/emacs/README.Cygwin for more information.

> Hi Ken, > > After installing, I got these warnings error when I first started Emacs: > > [JJR:~] $ emacs > > (emacs:5940): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status > of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN > and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be > returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either > don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action. > > ** (emacs:5940): WARNING **: Abnormal program termination spawning > command line `dbus-launch > --autolaunch=d4e8d39fb9cc546947a687f94fa28e98 --binary-syntax > --close-stderr': > >

Hi Jim,

Yes, that's why you should have a D-Bus session daemon running before starting emacs.

Ken