Creating CD of installation packages: Download incomplete. Try again?

My laptop will be re-imaged, so I want to be able to replicate my cygwin setup
on the brand spanking new computer.  The laptop has been taken away so I no
longer have it right now.  Hence I can only provide  limited details about the
problem context.

I updated all the packages on my cywgin installation and then ran setup again
so that I can create a folder of package installation files in a brand new
folder, which I planned to burn to CD.  It was 99% complete, then I got the
message "Download incomplete.  Try again?".  Clicking "Yes" repeats the entire
process of choosing a mirrors, etc.  However, in successive attempts, I get the
message again, but right away rather than after an hour or so of downloading.
I tried different mirrors, but got the same result.  It was only after I tried
to download to a brand new folder that it actually did some downloading again
before presenting the same message.

In the evening, I also tried a different computer at a different site (at home)
and got the same result (new folder allows download for a while, then the same
message), even though I was using a different mirror than the ones used
earlier.  Both systems are Windows 7 (one is 32-bit, the other is 64-bit).
Neither of these mirrors presented such an problem in past years.

>From what I've managed to find on this topic in the mailing list, various
causes have been proposed, from lack of disk space to corrupt packaging at the
mirror site.  However, it seems odd that this occurs for so many mirrors (disk
space is definitely not the issue).  It was suggested that the 99% complete
download was actually usable, but before going that route, I want to see if a
solution can be found.  Any issues in the install would tend to be difficult to
troubleshoot because special arrangements are needed to be able to run
setup.exe.