Re: A cygwin mosh question

On 10/31/2012 1:46 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
After seeing the announcement on mosh, I decided to install it and
try it out.  I installed it on a remote server running Red Hat style
Linux using yum, and on my laptop using cygwin.  Sadly, I have run
into some problems:

1) The cygwin install does not include the dependency on the
    IO:Tty package.  I installed that manually, using cpan.

2) When I try to mosh to my remote server, all I ever get is
    "Hangup".  Since there does not seem to be any "verbose mode",
    I am not sure how to diagnose this further.

I installed the latest version today and was able to get things working. (It prints out more about issues connecting, which allowed me to resolve them.)

- The remote end was not setting LANG for UTF-8.  I had to do this
  by: mosh --server='mosh-server new -l LANG=en_US.UTF-8'

- I discovered that mosh does not support an xterm escape sequence
  that I use, namely one to *read* the window icon label: CSI 20 t
  and also CSI 11 t (reports whether the window is iconified).  My
  main purpose is to save and use the icon label as the base for
  setting a longer label or title

I have worked around this by setting an extra environment variable
when using mosh, and skipping the reading of the icon label in that
case.

However, all of this is not really cygwin-specific, so I'll stop
there.

However, the failure to install the IO:Tty dependency may be relevant.
Is there an easy way I can test that again?  What would I uninstall
and reinstall to check?  That is, cpan will install things, but how
would I *un*-install IO:Tty to check whether cygwin install of mosh
loads it?

Regards -- Eliot Moss