Re: WRB - Installation Problems

On 9/29/2012 11:17 AM, William R. Buckley wrote:
Dear Corinna:

Um, this is an email list not a private email account.

When I try to install Cygwin 1.7.16, and from a variety of
the mirror sites, I obtain this warning:

Download Incomplete. Try Again?

and the problem always occurs during download of the following
file:

xcn-util-wm-0.3.8-1-src.tar.bz2

So, I have not been able to complete installation of Cygwin.

Have you some solution?

First, I have no idea why this package is coming into play in your installation since it's not one at cygwin.com. You might want to look at the sites you're adding or have added in the past to setup.exe to see where to better direct this question, assuming you care about having this package installed. Second, if you aren't interested in this package, simply don't install it. Since it is a source package, you'd want to uncheck the "Src?" column for the corresponding binary package. If you don't want the binary either, click on the version until it reads "Skip".

--
Larry