Re: Problem during C source code compilation

On 06/09/2012 09:51, Cliff Hones wrote:> On 06/09/2012 13:40, Fausto Arinos
Barbuto wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor writes:

> But you didn't follow the advice in that link.  You said you were going
> to warmly appreciate any advice - not ignore it!

You're right, I skipped that part and I apologize.

> One of the key parts, (and it is in bold) is:
>     Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment
>     in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just
>     attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.

Well, the following lines were displayed on the console whilst
cygcheck was running.  I assume that they weren't written to
the output file.

$ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'DcomLaunch':
Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'pla':
Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'QWAVE':
Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for
'RpcEptMapper': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'RpcSs':
Win32 error 5
Access is denied.

Then execution ended and cygcheck.out was written to the disk.
I'm attaching it as a plain text file to this note.  I hope it
arrives in good shape.

Cygwin's problem reporting netiquette says that one should
describe the problem rather than trying to explain it, but
I would risk saying that my problem has to do with the copy
of Octave for Windows which I have installed on this box.
:-)

As recommended, I'll look for that BLODA and fork failure
references in the FAQ.

Thanks.

F.