Re: Side-by-side configuration is incorrect reported as permission denied

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Pawel Jasinski wrote:

>> If you can find a nice Linux errno which maps from ERROR_SXS_CANT_GEN_ACTCTX
>> to something other than EACCES I'd be happy to change Cygwin.
>
> Sorry I was not clear. The point was not to use linux error code. what
> I was trying to say is linux does not follow POSIX only error codes
> policy.
> Such a policy is impractical. Your point was POSIX only, wasn't it?
> You can add cygwin specific error codes.

Cygwin doesn't have the access required to execute the process because
of some reason.  It is up to you to examine the reason.  Why should we
be bothered with anything other than EACCESS?  When you reported the
issue the first action you took was to determine why you couldn't
execute a Windows program.  That was the correct action, hammering
this list with your wishes isn't gaining you sympathy from those that
use and support it.

--
Earnie