Re: cygport debug junk

On 2012-07-19 12:29, Andrew Schulman wrote:
Debuginfo is not "junk".  Like most Linux binary distros, these files
are automatically packed into a ${PN}-debuginfo package and excluded
from other (sub)packages without further intervention by the maintainer.
   Users can then install gdb and these debuginfo packages to debug
software in place, without having to install BRs and rebuild packages.

One disadvantage of this is that it makes the 'list' command less useful. I used to be able to copy the output of 'cygport list' and paste it directly into the README.Cygwin file, which is supposed to include a file listing of the binary package. Now I have to edit the output to remove the debug files.

If the intent of 'list' is to show the contents of the binary package, then I
suggest that it automatically remove the debug files from the listing.

Good point; fixed in git master.

Yaakov