Re: Virtual Users

Greetings, Earnie Boyd!

>>> I need to create a virtual user,but how?
>>
>> First question whould be "why", not "how".
>>
>>> I've already researched on this topic,and it seems you can only 'add'
>>> a Windows User to CygWin.
>>> But as I'm using CygWin on USB,and so there are always different users
>>> as soon as i plug it in,I need to make a virtual user in CygWin.
>>
>> One doesn't link to another. Sorry. Need more elaboration.
>>
>>> So,how can this be done?
>>
>>> If there's no way using CygWin,is there a way to add the needed
>>> data(passwd,etc.) manually?
>>
>> Why?

> I understand the why; the OP needs a common user to move between PC
> with the USB data.

You can't move "user" - the person.
If you did mean the account data, this doesn't need creation of a user
account for Cygwin needs.

> The easiest solution I can think of would be to set Cygwin to always run as
> administrator but is the administrator SID always equal between various systems?

And another question is: what is the filesystem on that mentioned USB
removable?...
For FAT drives, this would be obviously pointless.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...