Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin

On 06/28/2012 02:55 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> On 6/28/12 12:34 PM, ping wrote:
>> I still miss the magic sshfs tool
>> in linux...
>
> You can make it happen. In principle, FUSE should work as well in
> Cygwin as it does under Linux, albeit for Cygwin programs only. It'd
> just be a matter of writing the glue logic and hooking into Cygwin's
> VFS internals.

You may have more immediate results by using a Windows-native SSHFS
implementation.  I haven't used Dokan myself, but it appears promising:

http://dokan-dev.net/en/

It's basically a FUSE implementation for Windows that includes an SSHFS
client.  There is also another one that seems related:

http://code.google.com/p/win-sshfs/

Assuming you can get one of these to work for you, you'll have the
advantage of using it not only with Cygwin programs but native ones as well.

-Jeremy