Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

On 6/28/2012 12:04 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Rothenberger writes:
>>> I can't seem to get this working.  There are a few warnings, but nothing that
>>> would explain such a massive fail.  Would you mind posting the ldd output for
>>> your _Core.dll?
>>
>> % ldd /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/auto/SVN/_Core/_Core.dll
>>         ntdll.dll => /c/Windows/SysWOW64/ntdll.dll (0x772f0000)
> [...]
>>         cygsvn_diff-1-0.dll => /usr/bin/cygsvn_diff-1-0.dll (0x67df0000)
>>         ??? => ??? (0x770000)
>
> Hmm.  This is an installed version of the same library, not the one from
> the build directory

That's correct. I've cleaned up my build directory. I did try it from my
build directory before, though, and there were no ???.

> ... note also that I build for Perl 5.14 in case that
> makes a difference.

I make two packages, one for 5.10 and one for 5.14. There's a separate
patch that's required for 5.14. Did you include it? The source package
for -4 includes it automatically.

> Any way, I think those "???" are a red herring, I've built on my home
> machine and there it works, even though I have those "???"  entries as
> well (albeit in total much less lines, but this is a Win7/64 machine
> vs. Win7/32bit at work and perl 5.10).

The perl bindings work for me on Win7/64 using 5.10. I use them every day.

>>> I was still missing a -devel package.  Once installed, the Apache modules build
>>> and, more importantly link.
>>
>> Which -devel package was missing? cygport should have warned you
>> about missing build dependencies.
>
> I updated some other packages (libserf) as well, so I don't know which
> one it was exactly, but I think it might have been openldap-devel.
> Interestingly enough it was the linking step that failed, not the
> compilation, so the header files must already have been present via some
> other package.

There was a problem with the openldap-devel package at one point; it was
missing lots of things. I had to reinstall it to get the libraries.

> Gnome-keyring requires pkg-config during the configure step, not
> requested by the cygport file.

Thanks, I'll add that to the .cygport file.

> Ruby tests are still failing because it looks for the extension
> libraries in a different directory than where they really are.

The tests work for me, but I've never been able to get them to work
without first installing the newly built packages. The last time I did
this, I did:

 1. Do "cygport *.cygport almostall"
 2. Install the packages.
 3. Rebase the dll and so files in */build and */inst
 4. Do "cygport *.cygport check"

All the tests passed except for a Ruby test (it appeared the output came
in a different order than expected) and a few Perl tests (it couldn't
delete a temporary directory).

Ambiguity:
        Telling the truth when you don't mean to.