Re: [RFU] SQlite3

On 6/4/2012 2:11 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:

There's a new version for SQlite3 released. I've put the fix in the source patch now and removed the define from the CPPFLAGS, also ignoring sqlite3.pc for the diff.

Thanks, Achim. See my RFU message on the -apps list if you want to try the packages in advance of them hitting the mirrors.

I changed your .cygport file considerably. Partly that's just style issues, but it also has to do with my build procedure. You might be interested: the attached cygport-new script makes creating a new version pretty easy:

1. Put my sqlite3.cygport file and src.patch in a work directory.

2. Run 'cygport-new 3.7.12.1'. It assumes -1 if you don't give a package revision number.

3. If nothing changed incompatibly, you're done; upload and send RFU message. Else, fix the problem and goto 2.

Then for each new release you want to package, you try starting with step 2, passing the new version number. If that fails, you usually have to go back to step 1 and edit the .cygport or .patch file.

You're welcome to take these tools and maintainership of the package. The only reason I maintain it is that its previous maintainer went MIA and it was going to be dropped from the distro; I rescued it purely because I knew what sqlite was and had some idea how to build and test it. I don't actually use it on Cygwin like you do[*], so I'm not well motivated to keep it up to date. I mainly react to bug reports like yours. And as you see, not always promptly. :)

[*] I mainly use sqlite3 on other platforms, and then via other software that happens to use it. Firefox, lots of stuff on OS X, Adobe Flex and Lightroom...