Re: Username and Computer Name

Hello Greg,

Could you please explain more into detail on how to obtain a PS1?

Mahalo, Max

On 2012-05-14 21:19Z, max@kalani.com wrote:
I am installing cygwin on a new computer and I was told that the green
"username@computername ' " is supposed to be hidden, and that I somehow installed Cygwin improperly.

That's a normal part of the default bash prompt. (Perhaps your employer would prefer that you remove it?)

Could someone please explain how to hide or setup cygwin properly to not show this?

Run 'man bash' and look for PS1. Remove the '\u@\h' part. To make the change permanent, set your own PS1 in '~/.bash_profile'. This isn't cygwin specific, so you can google for more details.