Re: Putting package directory in c:\Cygwin

On 4/30/2012 7:53 AM, James Johnston wrote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 23:03
Subject: Putting package directory in c:\Cygwin

But what if I create a folder c:\Cygwin\LocalPkgs and stick them
in
there?  From the 10,000 foot perspective, it certainly would be a lot more
organized to have all cygwin stuff in one windows folder.

I put mine in C:\cygwin\packages. Never had a problem.

Me, too, on my standalone Windows box at home.

At work, I keep the package tree on a network drive instead, so multiple client machines can share it, avoiding multiple downloads.