Re: Using Linux Libraries in Windows

On 4/30/2012 7:33 AM, kobbike wrote:

Hi There

I'm new in  this area of combining Linux and Windows. I have noticed that
there is tons of information about this in the internet, and I would like to
know if this Cygwin tool is appropriate for my need.

Well, I have to operate an external device (via USB). The vendor supplied an
API for Linux that contains Libraries (.os) and source code. I would like to
know if I can integrate them into a windows application.

See <http://cygwin.com/>. It describes what Cygwin is and what it is not.

If the vendor supports Windows, then you should be able to do what you
intend, with or without Cygwin.  But you will need their Windows libs to
make this happen.  Just to be clear, you cannot take Linux libs/SOs and
expect them to just work on Windows with Cygwin.

--
Larry