Re: bad performance when opening many files on Win7

On 4/27/2012 4:41 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Achim Gratz<Stromeko<at> nexgo.de> writes:
The part about "groups with many members" looks oddly familiar.
Incidentally I've never had enough patience for makepasswd to finish
while scanning the AD... so, given that I don't think I could change all
that code, I guess that all the ids/groups used in the ACL should be in
passwd/groups?

Fetching all groups from the DC gave me some 60000 entries in a 4MiB group file. And if anything, things became even slower when using that file. :-(

If you only care about the group for the current user, use the '-c' option for 'mkgroup'.

-- Larry