Re: the tzset tool does not match the man description

On 4/28/2012 5:29 PM, rodmedina@cantv.net wrote:
Hi,

It seems to me that the behavior of the tzset tool does not
match the description given in the man pages.
Apparently  the tzset tool which is part  of the cygwin  pckage
is different from the one described in the man pages. I
think that this is a confusing situation. If I am right,
I think that the cygwin maintainers should changing
the name of the tzset tool to something else (tzget ?).

greetings

RM

tzset tool has no man page. (no /usr/share/man/man1/tzset.1.gz )

what you see with "man tzset" is the man of the newlib tzset function /usr/share/man/man3/tzset.3.gz

TZSET(3) NEWLIB TZSET(3)

NAME
9.11 `tzset'--set timezone characteristics from TZ environment variable

SYNOPSIS
            #include <time.h>
            void tzset(void);
            void _tzset_r (struct _reent *);