Re: Problems with nfs

What is the NFS version number???

On Apr 24 11:19, Fedin Pavel wrote:
On 24.04.2012 9:27, Fedin Pavel wrote:
Also, why does nfs access appear to be so horribly slow? Loading
a directory with ~150 files takes about two minutes in mc. I
understand fork() issue, but what are problems with just reading
files descriptors?

  I resolved the problem with slowness. This appeared to happen
because of seteuid() error (discovered in logs). Local system
account on Win7 doesn't have token creation/change rights. I fixed
this by creating own local user with sufficient privileges and
running nfsd under this account. BTW, may be you should add remark
about this particularity into nfs-server.README file? It's not
obvious, because the system works, just very slowly. The user might
think it's okay.
The problem is that the NFS-server package in Cygwin is orphaned since
the maintainer has moved on.  If somebody is interested to pick up
maintainance of that package, you're welcome.  See
http://cygwin.com/setup.html for more information.  The cygport
packaging method is the preferred packaging method these days.

Corinna