RE: cygwin 1.7.13-1: can't execute shell scripts on samba share

[snip]

> You could mount the samba share with "noacl",
> see http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
> Corinna

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added this to /etc/fstab:

Y: /cygdrive/y smbfs binary,noacl,auto 0 0

Closed all cygwin windows, reopened one (mintty), mount says:

C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
Y: on /cygdrive/y type smbfs (binary,noacl)
C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Z: on /cygdrive/z type smbfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

created (again...) len.sh on the samba drive, and again:

$ getfacl len.sh
# file: len.sh
user::rwx
group::rw-
mask:rwx
other:r--

Curiouser and curiouser: the file begins with #!, hence with noacl it should be executable by anyone, right? But I still have permission denied, unless I chmod 777.

BTW: I am now playing around with execute mode and samba drives to help solve the OP's problem, maybe find a bug. I actually use cygwin with ssh, scp, svn, etc. so that I do *not* have to cope with the idiosyncrasies of multiple security layers: windows + samba + linux. So, adding a 4th one is akin to masochism!

Greetings,
(s) M. Bardiaux